Acne & Breakouts
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Effective treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to go away, others seem to crop up.
Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and scar the skin. The earlier you start treatment, the lower your risk of such problems.
Acne signs and symptoms vary depending on the severity of your condition:
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
SEE A SKIN SPECIALIST AND HAVE A CONSULTATION
We have great success with our acne and breakout clients as we look at the whole of the cause and look at long term results rather than quick fixes. We really look at a detailed consultation to get to the underlying cause of the breakout. Take a look at the products and treatments that can really help to clear acne.
- Cool Peel
- Led Light Therapy
- IPL Photorejuvenation